MTA Arts & Design
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
MTA Arts & Design (A&D) encourages the use of mass transit in the metropolitan New York area by providing quality visual and performing arts and design in the transit environment. The percent-for-art program is one of the largest and most diverse collections of site-specific public art in the world, with nearly 300 permanent works by world-famous, mid-career, and emerging artists. A&D also produces graphic art, photography, digital art, live musical performances and Poetry in Motion. A&D serves the 8.5 million people who ride MTA subways and commuter trains daily and strives to create meaningful connections among sites, neighborhoods, and people. For more information, visit MTA Arts & Design, find us on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter or search #mtaarts.
To apply to a Call for Images, click Submit next to the opportunities listed below. You will be prompted to enter contact information, and upload materials for consideration:
- a bio/CV file;
- a brief artist statement;
- up to 20 images with caption information (title, date, materials, dimensions);
- optional materials such as links to website and/or social media accounts.
Please be aware of deadlines (Midnight EST on the date listed) and note that if you are interested in more than one Call listed below, you will need to apply to each Call separately.
Beginning in 2017, MTA Music Under New York (MUSIC) applications will only be accepted online via Submittable. Online application available January 1 through March 24, 2017.
To apply for the Music Under New York (MUSIC) Live Auditions, click Submit next to the opportunity listed below. You will be prompted to enter contact information, and upload materials for consideration:
- up to 2 sample audio files not exceeding 5 minutes in length;
- short online application form;
- optional materials such as links to website, social media accounts, and streaming video clips;
- applicants under 18 MUST include a valid Employment for Child Performer permit.